Enter what you are looking for here:

English Translation Italian Translation Spanish Translation French Translation German Translation Portugese Translation   
Russian Translation Arabic Translation Japanese Translation Hindi Translation Chinese Translation Hebrew Translation   
            Website Translations
Happy New Year from Satcoms UK. Wishing you all a safe and prosperous 2017.

Satcoms UK is on Facebook, Twitter @Satcoms_UK and YouTube (via Satcoms TV) and every post* is automatically published on our feeds for maximum free publicity world wide.
Our only aim is to provide free information and publicity for the industry and help to raise it's profile. *Note: Approved posts are published on the Satcoms UK Website, Twitter and Facebook.

Forum Home Forum Home --- Ask the Experts - Guests - Satellite Forum --- Sky Satellite TV & BBC FreeSat Forum & Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedsky box problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Direct Link To This Post Topic: sky box problems
    Posted: 06/May/2009 at 12:03
Hi
I have 2 pace sky boxes and receive the freeview chanels on the new shape pace box i.e chan 5 usa 5 fiver etc ,but no chan 4  and now i get ITV,

We live in Bulgaria so i know i am limited to what we get.

but the other sky box is an old square pace model and i cant get chan 5 or any of the chan5 usa etc ,both boxes are fed from the same dish 2,5 mtr wide.

How do i upgrade or download 5?
When i type in 105 on the remote ,it says no channel available or 174 for uSA 5 its the same
Any help please

Sponsored Links

Satcoms UK View Drop Down
Administration
Administration
Satcoms UK

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2009 at 14:56
Hi, are you looking at Astra 28.2°E?

Astra lists most 'Five' channels as pay per view but channel 370 is listed as free.
Channel 4 is listed as both pay and free. Free being on various channels such as 326, 329 and 331. Fiver and Five USA are listed as pay on channels  311 and 309 respectively.

Perhaps you are not on Astra? Let us know which satellite and provider and we may be able to help.
Satcoms UK

The Satellite Communications Community and Resources Website.
Sponsored Links

chrisarvor View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2009 at 16:07
As i said in the text i am getting the channels on one box,,,,,,,, BUT not on the other
Thats why i ask how to tune in the old box
thanks
Sponsored Links

Administration
Administration
Satcoms UK

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2009 at 19:24
Ok, can we assume you are on Astra and receive the FTA channels using Sky Digiboxes?

If your old box is a Sky Digibox you can reset it to update the software using the following:

Hold the backup button in while powering up until all the lights on the front panel come on. Then do nothing untill you see the welcome channel on the screen. You will probably be prompted for a card. Ignore this and change channels as normal. The EPG will normally always have channels 103/4/5 missing.

If you have a box with channels 103/4/5 then you are lucky and should not update that box as you may lose them after the update. The channels are missing because you need a Sky FreeSat card to decrypt them. Do you already have freesat cards in both boxes?
Satcoms UK

Sponsored Links

Administration
Administration
Satcoms UK

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2009 at 19:29
You could also try swapping cables to see if one is better than the other. The older box may not be as good at receiving and so needs a better signal than the newer one. Are you splitting the feed or do you use two separate cables from a quad LNB?
Satcoms UK

Sponsored Links

chris View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2009 at 16:30
Hi Satcom
good info many thanks.
I did what you said and i now have all the same channels on both boxes.

I have just used a splitter to feed the two different boxes.

Yes i have the old blue freeview cards,   Just saw on Sky that they are issuing new white cards,,hope that wont make ours obsolete ,
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic